Ravioli for Refugees
Hi, I'm Jennie. Scientist-turned-educator and mom of three who will travel extensively for fantastic food. I'm raising funds for RefugePoint, a highly effective non-profit that provides lasting solutions for the most at-risk refugees. When I see the images of refugees, especially children, forced from their homes and seeking refuge in foreign places my heart breaks for them. I can't help imagining my own children in their shoes, and the fear that accompanies becoming suddenly homeless and adrift. I want to help, and I want that help to provide both immediate and lasting support. That's why I'm doing this campaign. I hope you'll join me. Make a donation on my page and I'll deliver handmade ravioli for a family of four (or more, if needed) using a recipe I learned while taking cooking classes in the Tuscan countryside (will travel for food...). Don't live in the Central Utah area? Please donate anyway and I'll send you my delicious recipes, along with photo instructions so you can make your own. Not eating carbs? No problem. I can give you low carb versions of the filling recipes to eat on veggies and my heartfelt thanks for joining me in providing support for refugees. Make your donations by April 27th and you'll have delicious ravioli (or recipes) delivered to you on April 30th, not to mention the satisfaction of knowing that you are contributing to such a worthy cause. Note: When donating, please use the comments to specify any special considerations (recipes only, low-carb, donation only, etc.). Thank you!
- 01 May 2016 02:13 Ravioli is made and much of it delivered. To those far away, the recipes will be coming soon! :) Thank you, all, for your generous support of this fundraiser - it means the world to me.
- 13 April 2016 23:59 Thank You to Mary Ann, Melissa, Barry, Amelia, and gracious anonymous donors - Your support is helpful and inspiring!
- 13 April 2016 19:46 Natalie Gleaves, Ryan Taylor, Nicole Sepulveda, Margaret Mansell, Amy Allen Johnson, and Gail Timms - thank you for your generous donations!!
- 13 April 2016 13:36 Thank you for Amy Jensen and Amy Cox for your contributions! Looking forward to sharing ravioli with you. :)
- 12 April 2016 22:50 Feeling overwhelmed by the quick generosity of some many wonderful people!
$2,575 out of 2,000
Goal amount raised